Healthy, easy and delicious, an elevated breakfast or brunch option with fresh ingredients is the perfect light dish with healthy omega 3 fatty acids and fresh peppery cucumber ribbons. Healthy fats are so important in our diets and we are all constantly on the search to find delicious recipes that have a healthy twist so we can feel good about serving and enjoying it and this recipe makes it oh so simple.
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 2-3 Ounces Smoked Sockeye Salmon, Thawed
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt
- Juice of 1⁄2 Lemon + 1 Teaspoon Grated Zest
- 2 Slices Rye or Pumpernickel Bread
- 1 Medium Cucumber, Ribboned with Vegetable Peeler
- 1 Generous Handful Of Salad Greens ( Arugula, Watercrest )
- 1 Tablespoon Each Fresh Cilantro & Mint Finely Chopped
- Kosher Salt, Fresh Cracked Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes* Optional
Begin by slicing avocado, de-pit and place into a small bowl, Mash together leaving some chunks for texture. Add yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh chopped herbs together with avocado, careful not to overmix. Toast two slices of Rye bread and divide mixture on top of each piece after toasting , sprinkle kosher salt , fresh cracked pepper and red pepper flakes to taste before topping with salad greens cucumber ribbons and finely delicious smoked sockeye salmon , drizzle with olive oil and pine nuts if desired before serving! Enjoy!