Known as one of the most intensely rich and delicious sources of one of the healthiest fats on the planet, the wild caught sockeye salmon is well known in our homes and this is one of our favorite healthy recipes that pulls together in minutes! Buttery, slightly sweet, mildly spicy sauce drips down into the grooves of freshly grilled bold flavored wild caught sockeye salmon and has that perfect romance between flavors. We love this recipe paired with fresh herbed salad, light rice pilaf and a bottle of crisp white wine.
- 4 Wild Caught Sockeye Salmon Fillets, thawed at room temperature and patted dry.
- 1⁄2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 1⁄2 Teaspoons each Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon each Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon each of Kosher Salt, Crushed Red Chilli Flakes
- 1⁄2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 4 Lemon Slices for Garnish
Begin by allowing your thawed wild caught sockeye salmon to come to room temperature, pat dry and massage thoroughly with olive oil then season lightly with salt and pepper. Continue by combining softened unsalted butter, honey and spices thoroughly in a medium dish and set aside.
Next heat a lightly oiled large cast iron grill pan to medium heat and place fish fillets down with 1-3 inches of space between. Cook salmon for 5-8 minutes each side until flakey and opaque. Turn off grill and slather a generous dollop of spiced cajun honey butter, flip and repeat to the other side allowing the butter to melt into the deepened grill marks, garnish with lemon wedges and a sprinkling of fresh chopped cilantro. Serve next to a light herbed salad or fluffy rice pilaf with a bottle of your favorite white wine! Enjoy!