This super comforting cast iron chicken pot pie is delicious on a cool day, all the flavors of pot pie in an easy one skillet dish. With the addition of store bought puff pastry and lean ground chicken it takes no time at all for a delicious savory meal!
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Chicken
- 1 1⁄4 Cup Fresh Green Beans, Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
- 1 1⁄4 Carrot, Chopped
- 1 Cup Celery, Chopped
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Tablespoon Butter
- 1⁄2 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1⁄2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, Finely Chopped
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Sage, Finely Chopped
- 2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Package Puff Pastry, Thawed
- Egg Wash For Crust ( 1 egg + 1 Tablespoon Whipping Cream)
Begin by preheating your oven to 365 degrees.
Next, heat a large cast iron skillet on medium heat and add chicken and seasoning, breaking the ground chicken into smaller chunks and stirring occasionally until color changes and is mostly cooked, remove from the pan and set aside in a small dish . Without adjusting heat or cleaning add in butter, carrot,celery, carrots and green beans and season lightly with salt and pepper, cook until fork tender and add minced garlic the last 1-2 minutes of cooking . To the skillet add in cooked ground chicken and stir to combine; sprinkle flour over mixture and combine, add chicken stock and whipping cream and allow to thicken oven medium heat for 5-8 minutes. On a lightly flour surfaced roll out pastry dough enough to allow for 1-2 inch overlap on top of skillet and lightly top your skillet with dough, brush all exposed dough with egg wash and season lightly with salt and pepper before placing in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before plating. Enjoy!