Chicken is one of the most popular proteins in the world, for its taste, texture, nutrition and its recipe versatility. Using a lean ground chicken for this sloppy joe recipe and with the addition of cheddar cheese this isn’t that average sloppy joe! Lower in fat and calories than traditional sloppy joes, ground chicken creates the perfectly easy, comforting yet updated version of one of our favourites.
- 1 1/2 Lbs Bolton Foods Ground Chicken, Thawed To Room Temperature
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 1 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1⁄3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cup Good Quality Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄2 Tablespoon Each Chilli Powder, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Red Pepper Flakes, Sea Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Worcestershire
- 4 Fresh Bakery Buns for Serving
To begin, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil, onions and garlic and cook until tender. Add ground chicken, stirring constantly until no longer pink and slightly browned. Turn down skillet to medium heat and add in ketchup, brown sugar, dijon mustard , worcestershire and spices; combine and continue to stir until sauce has slightly thickened and cooked down. Top with sharp cheddar cheese, and cover for 1-2 minutes until cheese is slightly melted, top fresh bakery buns and serve. Delicious and easy, Enjoy!