Bolton Foods is proud to supply our phenomenal Wild-Caught and Smoked Sockeye Salmon (cured with a mild brine and then cold smoked) from Western Canada’s Queen Charlotte Islands for this wonderful starter and favorite brunch recipe! Crisp cucumbers, aromatic dill, smooth and rich Brie and our incredible cold smoked, wild-caught sockeye salmon pulls together in minutes and is a real crowd pleaser.
- 2-3 Slices of Premium Cold Smoked Sockeye Salmon, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 Large cucumbers, sliced into ¼ inch rounds (approx. 25 pieces)
- ½ Brie wheel , Cut into medium chunks
- 1-2 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
- 1-2 Tablespoon of Capers, diced.
- ¼ Cup of sliced Red Onion or Scallion
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Optional : Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In an oven safe skillet, layer the delicious brie chunks and bake until cheese starts to bubble approx 10-15 minutes.
Carefully remove skillet and mix and incorporate chopped garlic, onion or scallion, and diced capers and place back into your oven for a remaining 2-4 minutes and allow to cool slightly. On a platter, place cucumber rounds spaced about 1 inch apart, top with a generous dollop of brie mixture, top with diced Bolton Foods Cold smoked, Wild-Caught Sockeye Salmon, fresh chopped dill and fresh roasted pumpkin seeds! Enjoy!