Celebrate something special or just enjoy the end of the day with someone with this perfect for two recipe with sweet and creamy digby bay scallops.
Harvested off the coast in Nova Scotia, our delicious digby bay scallops are low fat, high in protein and loaded with heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and make any meal instantly elegant. Serve alongside a fresh herb salad, fresh bread and your favorite bottle of white wine to make this something extra special!
- 1⁄2 Pound of Bolton Foods Digby Bay Scallop
- 2 Ounces Uncooked Linguine
- 1 Cup of Chicken Broth or good quality Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tablespoon of White Wine of additional broth
- 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1-2 Fresh Garlic
- 3⁄4 Cup Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 1⁄4 Cup Grated Carrots
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh minced Parsley
- Optional : 2 Tablespoon of crushed Hazelnuts, 2 wedge of Lemon, Salt and Pepper
Begin by cooking your linguine noodles al dente, drain and set aside. In a small bowl, mix white wine or broth and cornstarch together until smooth. Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat, add garlic and stir for one minute. Add mushrooms, green onion and carrots, stir-frying 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are cooked medium tender.
Stir cornstarch and white wine/broth mixture and add to the pan and then bring to a simmer; cook and continue stirring until sauce is thickened. Reduce heat. Add your beautiful Digby Scallops from Bolton Foods and add chopped parsley, salt and pepper, cook until scallops are opaque and slightly firmed.
Add linguine noodles, give a quick toss and serve topped with crushed hazelnuts and lemon wedge. Enjoy!