This is an absolute star recipe that awaits the colder months to really shine. Delicious seasonal vegetables, wild rice and chicken breasts with gems of dried cranberries and toasted almonds are absolutely divine! Not too complicated or time consuming it’s the perfect throw together meal for a Sunday dinner!
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ( Approx. 4 ) Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, Peeled, Cubed
- 1 Lb Brussel Sprouts, Trimmed, Quartered/Halved (Depending On Size)
- 6 Cups Cooked Wild Rice
- 1⁄2 White Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1⁄2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1⁄2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1⁄2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Plus More For Baking Dish
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper
Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees and greasing a large 8”x12” baking dish with a touch of Olive Oil. Heat a large deep skillet on medium high heat and add olive oil, add chicken and season with salt and pepper, cooking until golden brown and thoroughly through to center, remove from skillet and set aside. Keeping your skillet on medium high heat add Olive oil, onions, brussel sprouts, garlic and seasoning and cook until fork tender ( 5 to 8 minutes) add in 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, bring to a simmer and cover for remaining 5 minutes.
Take your greased baking dish, add in cooked wild rice, cooked vegetables, chicken and dried cranberries as well as remaining 1⁄4 cup chicken stock stir to combine and season lightly with salt and pepper, top the dish with slivered almonds and bake until the dish is hot and almonds and slightly brown and toasted for approximately 15-20 minutes. Serve with fresh baked bread and herbed salad for a delicious fall dinner! Enjoy!