One of the most popular fish fillets on the planet and the pride of Newfoundland, this wild caught Atlantic Cod has a very mild and light flavor. This is the perfect wild caught fish fillet for this healthy lemon baked recipe and it couldn’t be simpler or more flavorful. The perfect healthy recipe for those busy week day nights and yet elegant enough to serve your most treasured guests.
- 4 Bolton Foods Wild Caught Atlantic Cod Fillets, Thawed and at room temperature
- 1⁄3 Cup of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, Minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon each of Onion Powder, Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 Lemon, Half zested and juiced, Reserve wedges for garnish
Begin by preheating your oven to 400 Degrees. Line with parchment paper a large enough baking tray to fit all fillets with even spacing between each.
In a small bowl combine unsalted butter, freshly grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic and parsley, lemon zest, dijon mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper thoroughly and top each atlantic cod fillet with your delicious mixture.
Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until opaque and it flakes easily with a fork, longer or shorter cooking time may be required depending on the thickness of your fish. Top with lemon wedges and additional fresh chopped parsley and serve on the side of herbed quinoa salad for a delicious entree! Enjoy!