Warm and comforting with mouthwater aromatic flavors, this home style tomato chicken curry comes together fairly quickly for a quick and healthy weekday meal, but has the flavor sophistication to impress any house guests. Made with Bolton Foods boneless skinless free range chicken breast it’s delicious and incredibly healthy, this recipe easily doubles and freezes perfectly for those who will be craving leftovers ( just leave out yogurt sauce and add fresh before serving). Enjoy alongside buttery basmati rice, seasonal vegetables and a delicious crusty bread or authentic naan to ensure you savor every bite of sauce in this dish!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Free Range Chicken Breasts ( thawed, cut into 1 1⁄2” pieces.)
- 1 Large Red Onion, cut into rustic wedges
- 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil, or Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger, Freshly Grated
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes (28oz)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (15oz)
- 1⁄2 Cup Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt + 2 Teaspoons of water
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon each Salt, Fennel Seed, Cumin Seed, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1⁄2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
Begin by heating coconut oil in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium, add onions, garlic and grated ginger and stir occasionally until tender and softly caramelized about 2-4 minutes.
Add spices, garam masala and bay leaf and continue to cook for 1 minute before adding honey and continuing to stir and deepen color for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add can of tomatoes along with their juices and bring to boil over medium high heat and lightly crushing tomatoes into smaller bite sized chunks, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring often.
Continue by adding canned coconut milk and cook until slightly thickened (5-10min). Add chicken pieces and reduce heat to low and partially cover for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. In a small bowl mix together full fat greek yogurt, water, salt and pepper. Serve this mouthwatering home style tomato chicken curry in individual bowls, drizzle with yogurt sauce and top with fresh chopped cilantro alongside a beautiful bowl of steamed basmati rice, seasonal vegetables and delicious crusty bread or fluffy authentic naan! Enjoy!