Enjoying a low carb meal doesn’t have to be for only those on ketogenic or low carb diets to enjoy! This low carb philly cheesesteak casserole is absolutely decadent and so easy to make ahead! Easy to adjust for more guests, make ahead and freeze for quick delicious lunches during the week or the perfect casserole to bring to the in-laws! This low carb philly cheesesteak casserole is perfect for the cooler nights ahead!
- 2 lbs Bolton Foods Ground Beef
- 2 Large Rainbow Bell Peppers, Sliced into strips
- 1 Large White Onion, Sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 Package Cream Cheese ( approx 4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1⁄4 Cup Chicken Stock
- 6-8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Each Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place ground beef into a large cast iron skillet on medium heat, seasoning with salt and pepper, cook for 8-10 minutes , stirring regularly and continue cooking until browned. Continue by adding sliced bell peppers and white onion along with spices and saute until tender ( about 5 minutes). Lower heat to medium low, add in cream cheese and chicken broth and cook until melted and combined.Transfer to a large baking dish and place provolone cheese slices on top, overlapping to completely cover. Bake for 350 for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving beside a delicious salad with roasted asparagus! Enjoy!