Ground Chicken is a delicious and healthy way to get your daily protein needs met, low fat, high protein and easy to use in just about anything. This recipe gives you a new and exciting way to use ground chicken that goes beyond tacos or burgers! Exciting flavors with the perfect amount of spice from thai chilies this is the perfect anytime meal and is easy to make after work or after school activities!
- 2 Lbs Ground Chicken, Thawed
- 3 Tablespoon Neutral Oil
- 2 Cups Packed Thai Basil Leaves
- 2 Thai Bird’s Eye Chilis, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, Seeded , Chopped
- 3 Shallots, Thinly Diced
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Mined
- 1⁄3 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1⁄4 Cup Oyster Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon White Granulated Sugar
- 12. 1⁄2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, For Serving 13. Steamed Jasmine Rice, For Serving 14. 1 Lime Quartered , For Serving
Begin by heating a large cast iron skillet over high heat and add oil, when heated add red pepper, shallots, garlic and cook until slightly tender. Next add ground chicken and stir, breaking up big pieces with your spoon, allow to cook thoroughly, approx 4-7 minutes. Add chillies, chicken broth, oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar over top of mixture and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes while it cooks down and sauce thickens slightly. Adding the thai basil leaves, toss to combine and wilt slightly. So easy, quick, healthy and delicious, serve on top of fresh steamed jasmine rice and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and a lime wedge if desired! Enjoy!