Ontario Raised Veal is rich and tender with a unique flavor and texture that quickly becomes a new favorite in all traditional recipes. The tender texture and earthy flavor mixes divinely with cremini mushrooms and walnuts to make this mouthwatering mini meatloaf that makes an incredible lunch or a make ahead meal as well!
- 1lb Bolton Foods Ontario Ground Veal 1⁄4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Cup Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Cremini Mushrooms, Chopped 3 Cloves Garlic, Grated
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1⁄4 Cup Each Fresh Dill , Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Ground Flax Seed
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Each Sea Salt, Fresh Cracked Pepper 2 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
To begin, bring your Ontario Raised Ground Veal to room temperature and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. On your stove top, in a large skillet on medium heat, add oil, onions, and mushrooms and stir often until tender and softened, add in grated garlic and combine and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent, remove from heat allow to cool slightly and transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in walnuts, flax seed, fresh chopped herbs and seasoning and cool completely.
Next, Stir in ground veal, lightly beaten egg and mix thoroughly but gently until well combined; transfer to lightly greased muffin tins and sprinkle with parmesan cheese before placing into the oven for approx 45 minutes or until cooked through. Cool slightly and serve with your favorite root vegetable puree and a seasonal herb salad for a delicious entree’.