Sometimes we just crave something different and with many of our favorite restaurants being affected by global quantities we are begging for something delicious, easy and reminiscent of our favorite cuisines! We love this recipe because it’s all the flavor and half the price tag and so fun to make! If you find this recipe too spicy, simply swap the spicy sesame oil for your basic version or half and half for just a bit of flare! Enjoy!
- 1lb Ground Turkey, Thawed
- 2 Cups Sliced Carrots ( Swap for Zucchini or Snap Peas If Desired)
- 8 Ounces Rice Noodles ( Any Shape)
- 1 3” Piece Ginger, Peeled, Finely Grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Finely Minced
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions, Both White And Green, Sliced Into 2 Inch Sections
- 1⁄4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1⁄2 Cup Tahini
- 1⁄4 Cup Mirin
- 1⁄4 Cup Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1⁄2 Cup Hot Chilli Sesame Oil ( Plus More For Serving)
- 2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 14. 3 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds, Plus More For Serving
Begin by creating a mixture of minced ginger, garlic, tahini, mirin, vinegar, soy sauce and 1⁄4 cup sesame oil in a medium sized bowl and whisking together, set aside. Next heat a large skillet with vegetable oil on high heat and add ground turkey breaking into smaller pieces with spatula or wooden spoon and allow to cook undisturbed until well browned and cooked thoroughly , season with salt and add carrots, spring onions and whatever stir fry vegetables you have on hand, stir and continued to cook until well combined and vegetables have slightly softened. While your meat and vegetables are cooking, bring to boil a large pot of water, add rice noodles and turn down heat and continue to stir until tender, once tender remove from water ( reserve 1⁄2 cup of pasta water). Next take the sauce mixture and add to the skillet with ground turkey with 1⁄2 reserved pasta water, reduce heat to medium until it starts to bubble and sauce is smooth, pour sauce over noodles and toss to coat. Place in serving bowls and top with roasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of spicy sesame oil if desired before serving! Enjoy!