Bolton Foods vacuum sealed, flash frozen Swordfish steaks are the perfect candidate for the grill this summer! Swordfish have a firm lean flesh that make it perfect for a flash marinade and a quick grill , not as forgiving as some fattier fishes like our sockeye salmon or trout – it benefits from a maximum marinade time of ten minutes and a light touch of sear on the grill. Our recipe is simply, fresh, flavorful and accentuates this moist and tender steak that both amature and vetern foodies will love!
- 3-4 Bolton Foods Swordfish Steaks, thawed and patted dry
- 4-5 Tablespoon Full Bodied Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic, finely diced
- 3-4 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 2 Tablespoon fresh grated Lemon Zest
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (approx. ¼ teaspoon)
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
Being by preheating your grill or grill pan to medium high heat. After patting your Swordfish steaks dry with a paper towel, rub with a mixture of kosher salt and pepper and place into flat dish of olive oil, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, chopped garlic, cumin, coriander, grated lemon, rosemary and red pepper flakes. Blend well and cover with saran wrap and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes maximum with this delicate fish, as the acid can begin to break down the flesh and leave your steaks mushy.
Lay down each steak on your grill for 4-5 minutes each side, this will allow your steaks to become medium, keeping in mind that these continue to cook on the inside slightly after being taken off the heat. Serve these delicious swordfish steaks with seasoned quinoa and fresh mixed herbs alongside garden fresh green beans!